Skip to content
Periods of Communicability
- 1. Prodromal (Cartarrhal) Stage Fever malaise followed by 24 hr 3 C’s COUGH CONJUNCTIVITIS AND CORYZA; Koplik spots.
- Sxs may increase until rash appears
- 2. Rash: 3 to 4 days after prodromal.
- Begin as maculopapular eruptions on face and spreads downward.
- Severe in earlier site and less intense in later sites. ; after 3 to 4 day brownish appearance fine esquamation
- 3. Constitutional sign and symptoms: anorexia, ab pain, malaise, lymphadenopathy
- 1. Isolation until fifth day of rash
- 2. Airborne precautions
- 3. Encourage rest during prodromal stage; quite activity
- 4. FEVER: Antipyretic; avoid chilling; seizure precaution
- 5. EYE CARE: dim light; warm saline solution to remove crust; avoid rubbing eyes
- 6. CORYZA COUGH: Cool mist vape; protect skin and nares with petrolatum; Encourage fluid and soft bland food
- 7. SKIN CARE: Clean; use tepid bath
error: Content is protected !!