- Urinary system
- Renal pelvis
- Urinary bladder
- Urethra (Left side with frontal section)
- Adrenal gland
- Renal artery and vein
- Inferior vena cava
- Abdominal aorta
- Common iliac artery and vein
- Large intestine
Inferior vena cava
- a vein that is the largest vein in the human body and returns blood to the right atrium of the heart from bodily parts below the diaphragm.
BruceBlaus, CC BY 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons
- an organ that removes urea, excess water, and other waste products from the blood and passes them to the ureter
- an artery originating from the abdominal aorta and supplying the kidneys and adrenal glands and ureters
- the cavity formed by the convergence of several minor calyces, which drain urine from the minor calyxes into the renal pelvis
- central area of the kidney that includes the calyces, renal pelvis, renal vessels, fat, nerves, and lymphatics
Nephron Molar Transport
M•Komorniczak, Mcstrother, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons
- one of the tiny blood vessels that form a network surrounding the proximal and distal tubules in the kidney
Cortical radiate artery
Cortical radiate vein
Shypoetess, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons
- small network of capillaries encased in the upper end of a nephron; where the filtration of blood takes place
- The cells of the afferent artery at the juxtaglomerular apparatus. They are baroreceptors that secrete renin upon sensing a decrease in blood pressure.
- A pair of endocrine glands that sit just above the kidneys and secrete hormones that help arouse the body in times of stress.
OpenStax College, CC BY 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons
Created by US government agency National Cancer Institute, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons
- Blausen.com staff (2014). "Medical gallery of Blausen Medical 2014". WikiJournal of Medicine 1 (2). DOI:10.15347/wjm/2014.010. ISSN 2002-4436.